We are excited that INSTANDA will be participating in the 2017 Capacity Exchange
at the MGAA
's Annual Conference taking place at the Grange Tower Bridge Hotel
on the Tuesday 4th
July. We will be on one of the 60 tables at the event, so please come and see us for a chat or a quick demo.
This year's conference and capacity exchange theme is MGA: Evolution and Revolution. The MGA sector has advanced in a relatively short space of time and is now commonly accepted as one of the most innovative and entrepreneurial aspects of the insurance industry.
However, continued success needs change. This change is being driven at the macro level — with the absence of a 'black swan event' and no hardening of the market in sight - and at a micro level: with two trends emerging:
- Evolution - gradual development of MGAs and their insurer partners, whether by e-trading, M&A, alternative forms of capacity, or reinsurers moving into primary insurance, etc.
- Revolution - disrupters with the sole mission to revolutionise the way we build, sell and distribute insurance, with many commentators saying MGAs are the perfect platform to support this.
Delegates will hear from sector and industry experts in two panel debates covering the growth, evolution and sustainability of different MGA models and the opportunities that exist from the InsurTech revolution.
The event will bring together an estimated 500 managing general agents, capacity providers and suppliers to share ideas on how to grow and develop their businesses at a time of significant challenge and change in the sector. The capacity exchange that runs throughout the conference provides MGAs with the opportunity to meet and discuss business opportunities directly with over 60 capacity providers and service suppliers supporting the sector.
- 09:00-09:30 Registration. Tea and coffee
- 09:30-10:00 Welcome speeches
Charles Manchester, Chairman, MGAA
Roger Bickmore, Strategic Development Director, Tokio Marine Kiln
- 10:00-13:00 Capacity Exchange Exhibition
- 11:00-12:30 Evolution of an MGA: survival of the fittest
- 12:30-13:30 Networking buffet lunch
- 13:30-15:45 Capacity Exchange Exhibition
- 14:30-16:00 The InsurTech Revolution: what does it mean for MGAs
- 16:00 Drinks reception and closing speech
Stephen Catlin, keynote speaker
Peter Staddon, Founder, Catlin Group Limited, MGAA
Wine and canapes
- 18:00 Close